You are here
Ever had a colicky baby - or know someone who does? It's a problem that is painful for the child and exhausting for the parent. Some colicky children literally cry most of the time they are awake. But homeopathy can be an extraordinary gift - bringing quick relief.
There are a large number of remedies that can relieve a child with colic. Here are a few to consider:
- Chamomilla: Child is very irritable and fretful. Must be carried. Distress after nursing. Sleepless. When they do sleep they start and jerk the limbs.
- Colocynth: The child writhes in every possible direction, doubles itself up and seems in great distress. It cries very hard.
- Ipecacuanha: There is much sickness of the stomach. The more constant the nausea, the more certainty Ipecac is the remedy.
- Magnesia carb: Much colic, which is finally relieved by a green, liquid stool. This occurs many times day and night.
- Nux vomica: Much colic with constipation. The child cries much, draws its feet up and kicks them out again. May be indicated if mother eats lots of spicy and stimulating food.
- Podophyllum: An attack of colic at daylight every morning. Severe colic, causing an absolute retraction of abdominal muscles.
- Stannum: The child's colic is relieved by pressing firmly upon its abdomen. When it is crying with colic, relief is at once obtained by carrying it with its abdomen resting on the point of the mother's shoulder.