Chicken pox can be uncomfortable and painful (for both the child and the parent) and the only way to deal with it is to wait for it to run its course. However, homeopathy can help speed up the healing process – and quickly calm the itch and irritation of this childhood illness.
Let's look at the handful of remedies that are often called for in cases of chicken pox:
- Aconite: Early cases, with restlessness, anxiety and high fever.
- Antimonium tart: Delayed or receding, blue or pustular eruptions. Drowsy, sweaty and relaxed; nausea. Tardy eruption, to accelerate it. Associated with bronchitis, especially in children.
- Belladonna: Severe headache: face flushed; hot skin. Drowsiness with inability to sleep.
- Mercurius: To be used should vesicles discharge pus.
- Rhus toxicodendron: Intense, annoying itching. Generally the only remedy required; under its action the disease soon disappears.
- Sulphur: like with Rhus toxicodendron, rash is extremely annoying; very thirsty and hungry but takes more than can eat.