You are here
Ontario Homeopathic Association Announces Community Awareness Excellece Award Recipient
November 6, 2013
The Ontario Homeopathic Association (OHA) is pleased to announce this year’s award recipient of the Community Awareness & Excellence Award is Violeta Nastase. The Community Awareness & Excellence Award was created to encourage OHA members in raising homeopathic awareness to the public. Violeta has actively been doing so throughout her 15 years in practice.
Here are some of her admirable achievements and contributions:
- Results of a Toronto based study on the homeopathic treatment of ADHD: In 2012, Violeta presented their team’s research findings at the International Research Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health in Portland, Oregon, and at the Canadian Interdisciplinary Network for CAM Research Symposium in Toronto, on “Clinical Experiences of Homeopaths Participating in a Study of the Homeopathic Treatment of Children with ADHD”. This pilot study explores the classical homeopathic treatment of ADHD. The initial results are encouraging – there was a significant reduction in the symptoms of ADHD in a majority of the participants without serious side effects.
- Worked with transplant patients with “A Life A Year” charity
- Clinical Director at the Ontario College of Homeopathic Medicine
- Acting Internship Clinic Supervisor for the Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine.
- Medical Doctor in Romania and the United Kingdom
- Joint author on 3 books - Topical Interests in Obstetrics & Gynecology (Romania), News in Pediatrics (Romania) and The Infectious diseases (Romania)
- Published in NOW magazine & Vitality discussing prostate disease
- Special Guest Speaker on "The Art & Science of Homeopathic Medicine" for employees of Health Canada and Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Ontario Region, on behalf of Health Canada, Ontario Wellness Committee
Wendy Walker, President of the OHA, explains, “Homeopathy is one of the fastest growing forms of natural medicine internationally. According to Health Canada, 71% of Canadians use holistic supplements and medicines, like homeopathy, because they prefer these natural medicines to conventional allopathic drugs. We hope that Violeta’s contributions to the Homeopathic community encourage and influence further homeopathic research and awareness.” We look forward to your submissions for next year’s nominees.
For more information about the annual award or to arrange an interview with the OHA President, please contact 416-516-6109 or email email@example.com. For further research/clinical trials and news about homeopathy around the world, you can also visit www.homeocentre.ca.