You are here
The process of developing and cutting teeth is something we all go through. For many children that process can be painful and disruptive. Some children suffer with sleeplessness, some pain, others diarrhea, vomiting, fever and/or skin rashes. Homeopathy is a great tool for parents to use to alleviate the suffering of the littlest among us.
Here are some of the remedies you can consider for your teething son or daughter:
- Aconite: When the child has much pain with restlessness and biting of fingers, sleeplessness, crying, fever and heat of the head
- Belladonna: Much moaning. Awakens from sleep and looks frightened. Staring eyes. Face and eyes red with dilated pupils and hot head. Violent starting and jumping while sleeping and at other times.
- Calcarea carbonica: The head perspires greatly during sleep – wetting the pillow far around. Stools can be hard and chalky. Child tends to be fair skinned and plump.
- Chamomilla: The child starts and jumps in sleep. It is very cross and insists on being carried everywhere – and only carrying the child seems to relieve him or her. One cheek may be red and the other pale. Can have diarrhea that is watery, slimy and green.
- Cina: The child rubs its nose a great deal and is restless in sleep. Can also be very hungry. If teeth have already cut through – they may grind these during sleep.
- Coffea crudum: The child is very excitable and sleepless. It cries and laughs easily. Child can be in a state of exhaustion.
- Magnesia carb: Green, frothy and foul smelling diarrhea during teething – diarrhea lasts a long time.
- Magnesia mur: Teeth are slow to cut through. Child may have distended abdomen and be constipated. The stools are often large and crumble.
- Mercurius solubilis: Copious salivation with slimy diarrhea or green stools with much straining on the toilet.
- Podophyllum: Painful diarrhea with screaming; stools often green. Child can grind whatever teeth have already cut through.
- Silicea: Weak children with profuse salivation. Frequent or almost continued grasping at gums. Fever towards evening and heat in the head. Often has feet that perspire profusely – the perspiration can have a strong odor. Also sweat from the head during sleep.