You are here
World Homeopathy Awareness Week
Join us in celebrating World Homeopathy Awareness Week (WHAW)!
World Homeopathy Awareness Week (April 10-16) celebrates the birth of Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician recognized as the father of homeopathy. It inspires a variety of public events. Free lectures, volunteer first-aid at events, free homeopathy clinics, media interviews, educational posts on Twitter and Facebook, to name just a few, are provided and shared in over 40 countries.
Hahnemann developed homeopathy partly out of concern that some of the medical practices of his day (such as bloodletting) did more harm to patients than good. But he was also motivated by a desire to heal the sick “…in the shortest, most reliable and most harmless way.”
Today, homeopathy is used by millions of people around the world to treat everything from allergies to morning sickness to whooping cough. But there’s much more to like about homeopathic remedies than just the fast, safe relief they provide:
- Choice. Homeopathy puts you in charge of your health and your health care. In many cases, you don’t need to see a homeopathic practitioner to diagnose and treat health conditions—only the ability to recognize symptoms of disease and changes in those symptoms.
- Natural relief. Homeopathic remedies are made from natural substances that work with your body to relieve symptoms, restore itself, and improve your overall health.
- Accessibility. Most homeopathic remedies are available over the counter in groceries and natural food stores and also online.
- Affordability. Homeopathic remedies cost much less than most traditional medications purchased through pharmacies.
WHAW 2017: Homeopathy for the Elderly
The theme for WHAW 2017 is Homeopathy for the Elderly. Be sure to check out these resources of particular interest to seniors.
World Homeopathy Awareness Week is the perfect time to celebrate these and other benefits of homeopathy and learn more about using it. If you haven’t already done so, take advantage of these opportunities to learn more about how homeopathy can make a difference in your health and the health of your family:
- Join a study group. Homeopathy study groups offer in-person, peer-to-peer leaning experiences for participants, helping them learn about self-care from others in the group.
- Learn from experts on your own time. Since 2015, the National Center for Homeopathy (NCH) has been presenting free webinars on using homeopathy to treat yourself and your family for back pain, digestive problems, colic, and other common ailments.
- Join the community! Join NCH and connect with thousands of others in the United States—everyone from people with a casual interest to longtime followers to students and experienced practitioners. You’ll automatically receive our quarterly magazine, Homeopathy Today, and monthly e-newsletter as well as access to online resources and discount offers from our industry partners.