Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of National Center for Homeopathy (NCH). Please take this opportunity to learn more about NCH, our mission, and the responsibilities of the governing board.
NCH is currently seeking nominations to its Board of Directors for a renewable, three-year term beginning at its Spring meeting in March, 2023 in San Antonio, TX. We invite you to read through our information below, and complete the application. Ensuring that the NCH Board is a good fit for you, and you for us, is crucial to our board development and the overall success of our organization. Service on the NCH Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for pre-approved costs in relation to board members’ duties.
Applications will be collected through September 25, 2022.
The mission of the National Center for Homeopathy (NCH) is to provide education and build awareness while advocating for access to homeopathy as an effective and affordable system of medicine.
Founded in 1974, the National Center for Homeopathy (NCH) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to promoting health by advancing the use and practice of homeopathy while creating a vital community of support for people learning homeopathy at all levels.
NCH provides reliable information, resources and materials to homeopathy consumers, students and practitioners. Homeopathy Today magazine and our annual Joint American Homeopathic Conference (JAHC) are highly regarded world-wide as a reliable source for high-quality education.
Whether you’re new to homeopathy, a homeopathy student, an experienced practitioner, an educator, a manufacturer or charity serving the homeopathy community, NCH is the home base for all in the community serving as the collective voice for homeopathy in the US.
NCH strives to make homeopathy more accessible to the public by working to secure homeopathy’s place in the health care system.
NCH provides timely and accurate information and resources to an ever-growing community.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
Board Member Expectations:
• Annual contribution commensurate with ability
• NCH annual membership
• Board meeting attendance at monthly video conference meeting (with working video camera) and one annual in-person meeting (travel and lodging for in-person reimbursed)
• Board communications via email, video conference calls and phone
• Direct responsibility for membership increase
HELPFUL Skills & expertise
Skills or expertise that would be especially helpful to NCH:
• Attorney, general counsel, or legal consultant
• Finance or accounting
• Fundraising, marketing, social media, or public relations
• Public policy or advocacy
• Homeopathy manufacturing/retail
• Naturopathic Physician, Nurse, Medical Doctor, or other licensed healthcare professionals
• Business or nonprofit board outside of homeopathy
• Integrative healthcare or healthy-living consumer organizations
• History and experience within the NCH homeopathy community
• Passion for homeopathy (home users, clients, students, other healthcare practitioners)
NCH Board Members guide NCH work with diverse skillsets, expertise and a collective passion for homeopathy. The board maintains a dedicated focus on homeopathy and its role in the greater healthcare arena.
Ensuring that a leadership role with the National Center for Homeopathy is a good fit for you and for us, is crucial to our board development and the overall success of our organization.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you and your passion for serving the homeopathy community.